The ultimate make-up application training course is professionally designed intensive course will provide you with a solid platform from which to build your confidence and skills. You will learn and practice a range of core technical and creative fundamental techniques until you are precision perfect, then look at ways in which to develop more abstract styles and looks. This comprehensive introduction to professional make-up is ideal for a beginner or as a refresher. This training is for 25 guided learning hours and you will cover following learning outcomes:
Be able to prepare for make-up
The learner can:
1.1 State the factors that could influence the choice of basic make-up products and techniques.
1.2 State the importance of the preparation procedures for applying basic make-up.
1.3 Prepare for applying basic make-up.
1.4 Select products, tools and equipment.
1.5 State how and when to use products, tools and equipment for basic make-up.
Be able to carry out make-up
The learner can:
2.1 State basic skin types
2.2 State the basic structure and function of the skin
2.3 State the bone structure of the face
2.4 Prepare the face
2.5 Apply basic make-up products
2.6 Remove basic make-up
2.7 Follow safe and hygienic working practices
2.8 Communicate and behave in a professional manner
Further you will learn following in details;
Method of Assessment
- Getting started as a makeup artist.
- The role of the makeup professional.
- Building a professional makeup kit.
- Understanding basic lighting.
- Basic facial anatomy, Colour theory.
- Professional products, brushes, tools and equipment.
- The art of perfect skin and skincare.
- Highlighting and contouring, Foundations, Concealers.
- Eyebrow definition and grooming, Understanding different eye-shapes
- Eye makeup; eye shadows, eyeliners, mascaras, false eyelash application.
- Cheek/blush and colour application, working with pigments.
- Precise lipstick application, Colour mixing and experimentation.
- Blending techniques.
- Looks including; corrective, day, evening and special occasion.
- Adapting techniques and colours for different skin tones, Client aftercare.
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.