Design - BA (Hons) Scheme
Em Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Hong kong (Hong Kong)
Interested in a career in design but still undecided between majors? The Bachelor of Arts Scheme in Design offered by Emagister and accredited by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University is the perfect programme for you.
This programme offers a variety of courses to train you in the skills you need to succeed in a design career. Choose between the following design majors: Advertising Design, Communication Design, Environment and Interior Design, and Product Design. You will get a comprehensive education that will help you become an innovative designer.
Dive into design and start your career with this incredible programme! Contact the Hong Kong Polytechnic University through Emagister.co.uk for more information.
Quais são os objetivos da formação?:
Students applying for the Scheme may choose between four design disciplines:
- BA(Hons) in Advertising Design.
- BA(Hons) in Communication Design.
- BA(Hons) in Environment and Interior Design.
- BA(Hons) in Product Design.
The BA(Hons) Scheme in Design offers students a design education that is attuned to social trends and is sensitive to change. The School encourages students to think critically, learn independently and in teams, and experiment with dynamic, multilayered design processes that encourage them to weave culture and industry strands into appropriate social narratives.
Esta formação é para mim?:
Students who want to pursue a career in Design.
It offers 4-year and senior year curricula for four disciplines:
Advertising Design, Communication Design, Environment and
Interior Design, and Product Design.
Requisitos: Satisfy the University’s General Entrance Requirements. For a complete and updated list of the admission requirements to undergraduate degree programmes, please refer to the University’s website.
- Communication design
- Product Design
- Design History
- Design Skills
- Advertising design
- Design Studios
- Design appreciation
- Professional standard
- Multilayered design
- International collaborative projects
- Environment and Interior Design
- Design Theories and Culture
The BA(Hons) Scheme in Design is normally undertaken over 4 years of full-time study.
- Year 1 introduces students to their chosen disciplines and enthuses them about their study through subjects such as the Freshman Seminar. The year leads students to learn while providing a broadly based foundation in common design skills and thinking within a design discipline.
- Year 2 provides students with the opportunity to investigate the characteristics of the discipline they choose and explore their interests and develop their strengths.
- Year 3 allows the study path to be consolidated in Design Studios and enriched by continued Discipline Specific Subjects and co-operation with other students in multidisciplinary common Compulsory Subjects.
- Year 4, the final year, develops students’ critical ability in design appreciation, the different perspectives of design thinking, and their own execution processes. They are increasingly allowed to negotiate project outcomes, while developing a personal portfolio of a professional standard. This year encourages personal development. Graduates are prepared for employment or for postgraduate studies.
The core subjects of the issue-based design studio address contemporary aspects of human existence and the ambition to project desirable futures. Mindful of the cultural implications of technology, projects are developed with the user at the centre and a critical appreciation of social trends, reflecting a humanistic teaching and learning mode running across the scheme’s four design disciplines.
The total credit requirement for graduation is 124, including 30 credits of General University Requirements Subjects, 20 credits of common Compulsory Subjects and 74 credits of Discipline-Specific Subjects and Electives.
Design - BA (Hons) Scheme